Sunday, January 18, 2009

Familiar Eyes

This morning during the meet and greet portion of church, I saw a little two-year old girl with very familiar eyes. I leaned over, tweaked her nose, and said hi, and in return I got a sweet little grin from her. When I returned to my seat, mom told me who her mother is, and I was surprised. During the praise and worship service, she kept peaking over the pew at me. Every time that she did, I would get tears as I remembered those eyes.

The eyes that looked so familiar belonged to my friend, Cynthia, and the little girl was her niece, her youngest sister's daughter. After church, I talked to the lady that the baby was with and told the little girl, whose middle name was Cynthia's middle name, that I knew her momma when she was a little girl.

Cynthia's upper lip would disappear when she would smile; her niece's did the same thing. I got home and looked at pictures to make sure I remembered correctly. The eyes are very much alike and so was the smile.

How I miss my friend! I know she would have been a loving and caring aunt, just like she was a loving and caring friend to all of us!

No comments: